Foxhunting is dependent on the goodwill and generosity of Landowners and Farmers, so please be respectful of their land and wishes at all times.
For everyone's enjoyment and safety we would be grateful if everyone could follow a few "Etiquette rules". Therefore everyone can be assured of a fantastic day full of the trills of hunting.
- Always obey the Fieldmaster at all times.
- Never overtake or pass the Fieldmaster.
- Please ensure your personal turnout is neat and clean.
- Never cross a planted field.
- Go slowly around livestock to avoid disturbing them.
- Please make every effort to avoid damage to fences, crops, land etc.¬† If accidental damage is caused it must be reported to the¬† Fieldmaster or Secretary.
- Close unsupervised gates to ensure livestock does not escape.
- Exercise due care and courtesy to all road users.¬† When on the road, keep left and do not hold up traffic.
- Please keep quiet when the hounds are drawing a covert or hunting.
- Always turn your horse's head towards the hounds as this way they are less likely to kick one.
- Always follow the hunt, never ride in the opposite direction to the hunt.¬† If you wish to leave the hunt at anytime, you must notify the Fieldmaster that you are going home.
Foxhunting Ireland reserves the right, for any reason, to request a rider(s) who causes a nuisance, is disrespectful of people or their property or puts the safety of others in danger, to leave the tour at their own expense.¬† No refund will be made for any portion¬† of an unused tour.